Unesco World Heritage 1997
Pro: The longest bridge in Europe during the XVIII century
Cons: No signposts, no electric light
It was built in 1753 to supply the Royal Palace of Caserta and the San Leucio complex, it supplied by the water arising at the foot of Taburno in the territory of Bucciano. The reason why it has two names is because it was commissioned by Charles of Bourbon and designed by Luigi Vanvitelli. It was built in tuff, it is divided in three rows of arches: 529-metre- long (1,736 ft) 55.8 metres (183 ft) high. At that time it was the longest bridge in Europe. Today it is in total decay: seepages, graffiti, no monitoring, no surveillance, no signposts, no electric light. This beautiful and breathless Unesco world heritage is slowly breaking down. This is an unacceptable shame for such a magnificet history.